Friday, June 26, 2009

The World Needs People With Disabilities

I feel that the world needs people with disabilities. A lot of people with disabilities have a job, and many more are capable of being a part of the general workforce. A lot of my disabled comrades work at Tim Horton's. My friends and I see them when we go there, and they do a really good job, as well. That's not all. I have a disability, and I work. I clean parking lots for two hours in the mornings, for most days out of the week. I also volunteer once a week, for $100 a month and I'm also planning on selling my crafts at the flea market, sometime before Christmas. I think and feel that anybody who wants a job should have one, whether they have a disability or not. We are not a threat to the economy, and the economy would be a lot stronger, if all of my disabled comrades who wanted a job was given the opportunity to work. The first thing that we need, is more babies, with and without disabilities to be brought into this world. The second step is that every child must be raised to believe that they have something to offer to the world and the economy, from the time that they start kindergarten, until they graduate from high school. We'd have less autistic hippies and more autistic employees who are around the age of 17 or 18. I also feel that all prenatal testing has to be stopped, now. I think that it should be billed as a hate crime. It's called genocide. People with Down Syndrome are just as capable of holding down jobs, as well as the general population of employees. Some of them work in offices. How about people in wheelchairs who have little use of their bodies? These people can become very good authours or narrators. The authours can hire scribes to type their words, and the narrators can narrate a movie or a story by reading from a script. The world needs people with disabilities.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just discovered your blog :) I really like this post. This YouTube video is also really neat because Dr. Grandin says a lot of the things you say about the world needing input from people with disabilities. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mu5qlQBP50

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found your blog and i love it. i'm a 30 year old dude with asperger's syndrome living in richmond, va, usa. i can relate to a lot of your posts.

    ReplyDelete